Tuesday, July 17, 2007

m.i.r.a.c.l.e.s.

so i'm a bit of a control freak - esp when it comes to money. i have it and i want to keep it. desperately. so much so that i wasn't tithing or giving to missions - just keeping it... "in case"...

as God does, He convicted the snot out of me, forced me to confess to my hmgrp, then proceeded to make me teach the next 4 wks in kids village about money and how EVERYTHING is God's.

but then, also as He does, He began to change my heart. i began to rejoice when i got a check because that meant i could tithe. and He brought disappointment when a friend of mine told me her mission trip was already paid for, so i couldn't support her.



however, there's a big black cloud called Mexico City that looms $13,000 above my head. and the worry and penny pinching has been itching to set in again.

on this past Saturday I had a garage sale with things donated from friends...not only did i meet a woman healed by Jesus from cancer (twice!) and an Indian missionary disowned by his family but who travels and owns an orphanage (hit a little close to home...) - God supplied $906.25 for my trip. which, don't even ask me how, because the only thing we really sold was clothes.

this morning i checked my fundraising account that's online and (not including the garage sale money), He TRIPLED the amount i had had from only 2 days ago. tripled. as in, 3 times bigger. tri-pled.




God has given me over $2000 in the past 2 days ... none from my own doing. it's almost like He wants me to let go of control?

The earth is the Lord's and everything in it. -Psalm24:1

1 comment:

Those Tonnes said...

Yay for putting things at Jesus's feet! Yay for more money! This is definitely what God wants you to do, because He is abundantly providing for you!

Blog Archive