Tuesday, February 23, 2010

25 things part 2

8. If you are familiar with the theory of multiple intelligences, I would tell you that I am verbal/linguistic, bodily/kinesthetic, musical/rhythmic, and intrapersonal. Being the intrapersonal that I am, I have reflected on this and find so much humor in it – see #s 9-11 for my reflections.


9. I am verbal/linguistic; I love words. I listen to music and think “what a fabulous word!”, “what a unique way to say it!” (I even have a list of favorite lyricists!) I can often put into words what others are trying to say. I love to debate and learn best through discussion. I love to write poetry but cannot write a story to save my life. I can’t think of an original plot line. Strange.

10. I am bodily/kinesthetic. I learn by doing. If I need to memorize scripture I often make up movements to go with it. I can learn choreographies in minutes but can’t do those “just feel it” dances. And I’m horrible at sports. Haha, really horrible.

11. I am musical/rhythmic. There’s always a song in my heart, I learn through song, and have often said I would prefer to be blind than deaf. I pick up melodies and rhythm in seconds but never really enjoyed playing instruments. I would love to sing – but I don’t have the voice. I’ve always found this irony frustrating and often times defeating.


12. I love to cook (this is new) and read. I’m currently loving my recipe book and get giddy when I can add a new recipe to it. I read in spurts- a few months of reading constantly, 6 months of never touching a book.


13. Since moving to Mexico I have realized how much I enjoy travelling. 2009 was the year of the travel (Miami, Mexico, Texas, Memphis) and I’m itching for more. It’s almost like travelling keeps me sane; it’s a stress reliever. Good thing I will turn 25 in the Big Apple!


14. I’m not detail oriented, but I do like to have a plan (not having one stresses me out!). I am aware that these statements are contrary but I can’t really explain myself here.


No comments:

Blog Archive