Wednesday, July 30, 2014

For You

This week someone lashed out at me.
But the problem wasn't me. 
The problem wasn't the person offending me. 
The problem was the hurt in their heart. 

Upon recognizing this, I told them "I'm sorry for those hurts that you have been carrying around with you. But I want you to know that I am FOR you, I am on your side."

And everything dissolved. 

I hadn't changed anything - I was powerless to do so.
I hadn't convinced them their hurts weren't important or said any magic words to "make it all okay". 

But just the idea of someone being FOR us, on our side, not perceived as an enemy but as an ally brought peace, brought understanding, brought a calmness, a rush of relief, a hope to forget the memories of what has wronged us, and a freedom to walk forward.

To you who are feeling broken - 
to you who are feeling hurt - 
to you who are feeling betrayed or wronged or dismissed

GOD is FOR you.
GOD is WITH you. 
GOD is on your side. 

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Let this bring you peace - you are heard by the Creator of the Universe. 
Let this bring you relief - you are not alone, He will defend you.
Let this bring you freedom - He who watches over you will not ever leave you. 

Romans 8:31 What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?
 

No comments:

Blog Archive