Friday, May 30, 2014

Penny & Sparrow

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows...

Although not musically gifted, I am a lover of music. Profound lyrics + perfect melodies is like a warm chocolate chip cookie for my soul - so obviously Penny & Sparrow are my new obsession. 



For those who don't know - they are from Austin and they are a.m.a.z.i.n.g.

The first song I ever heard put me in tears and had me realizing how much I love my husband. It's a beautiful picture of marriage. "because I've seen you and I know you and I'm not going anywhere"


Cue the repeat button for months. 

But I found myself singing this one, surprised at how his voice fully captures the longing, struggle, and joy of following the Lord. 


Cue the weird looks in the hallway as I sang "I'm a creature for your love" all day at work

Add in a little "I hate to make you bleed - unless it leaves you limping homeward. In the end you'll see I'm Just and just as Loving" -- which stirs my affections for the Lord in a refreshing way. 

Cue the nerdy lyric obsession that nobody understands. 

And then, just when I think I can't get more excited - I found out this week that they've had a new album out for a month. How was I not personally notified of this ?!?

So obviously I've listened to this album non-stop and all I have to say is --


Cue the oh-so-absent prayer time. 

Thank you Penny & Sparrow. You've put into words what my heart has felt for many years. So we labor on...

No comments:

Blog Archive