Sunday, December 15, 2013

Enchilada Chicken and Rice

Since part of my blog title now includes the words "gluten-free" I thought I'd share a recipe that I made up today. We call this cooking Elizalde-style, bc you just grab stuff, throw it in, and hope it's amazing:

Preheat oven @ 375.

In a lightly greased 9x13 casserole dish, pour 1 1/2c rice and 2 cups of water on the bottom. Add a Progresso brand (gluten-free!) creamy chicken cheese enchilada soup and a can of Rotel.
 

Cut your chicken breasts so they are thin - put them on top of the rice. I sprinkled paprika and some salt & pepper. I also added 2 serranos, 1/3 onion, 3-5 tomatillos into my Ninja power chopper (my favorite kitchen gadget!!) and chop them up small.


Cover and bake for 1 hour in the oven. I hope you enjoy as much as my husband did (the 9x13 pan is halfway gone!)

No comments:

Blog Archive