Sunday, February 7, 2010

heavy

So often I am reminded that this world is not perfect. It is not beautiful. It is broken and hurting.

My pastor has stage 3 cancer and 3 young children.
One of my best friends is walking through a world of hurt.
I'm far away from the man I want to marry.
A co-worker is emotionally separated from her husband.
People I closely walk with fight daily temptations of anorexia and depression.
The wall over my bed is covered with faces of those who may be hungry, cold, or neglected right now.
My roommate works at a woman's shelter and hears the stories of abuse and fear.


This week in my mentoring I learned something:
there is a difference between relying and hoping in the Lord for daily earthly things
(help me with this, lead me in that, teach me to this, let me do that)
and putting and storing up my hope in being with the Lord in heaven
(your blood and sacrifice that grants me salvation is enough and all i need because You alone are my ultimate)


The world sometimes hurts too much to make sense of it. Come, Jesus, come.

No comments:

Blog Archive